Integrated Family Services
We assist families in maintaining a healthy and positive environment for their children.
Our Child & Family workers provide support and information for families in their own homes or at their nearest FamilyCare office.
Families from all backgrounds and cultures who have a child in the home from 0 to 18 years of age (including unborn) are eligible.
Child & Family workers work alongside the parents to ensure children have the best start to life by focussing on positive family functioning, safety and child development outcomes.
The role of a Child & Family worker is based on the needs of the family, but may include:
- Supporting the famiy in times of difficulty
- Building strong family relationships
- Personal and family goal setting
- Working with children to ensure their emotional and developmental needs are met
- Parenting education and support
- Emotional support
- Group programs
- Support families experiencing multiple issues, such as mental health, family violence, disability
- Case coordination for families that have a range of support needs
There must be a child between the age of 0 to 18 residing in the home (or pre-birth).
Shepparton - City of Greater Shepparton and Shire of Moira.
Seymour - Shires of Mitchell, Strathbogie and Murrindindi.
Contact Child & Family Information Referral & Support Team:
Child FIRST Shepparton 1300 854 944
Child FIRST Seymour 1800 663 107