FamilyCare is one of regional Victoria's largest and most progressive community service organisations. We are a strength-based organisation and provide a range of Child and Family, Carer and Disability services. We also have a number of innovative Men's and Community Development Programs.
Seymour or Wallan
The successful applicants will be required to have:
- Bachelor of Social Work, Diploma in Welfare Studies or other tertiary qualifications relevant to social welfare practice. Previous experience in child and family welfare and/or experience in the child protection sector considered advantageous.
- Supervision and leadership experience.
- Understanding of casework practice with an emphasis on child, family and individual functioning, assessment, counselling, and therapeutic frameworks.
- The ability to supervise and train staff in the assessment of children and families needs in order to develop and implement appropriate action plans in line with good case practice.
- Understanding of the principles of the relevant state legislation that impacts on child and family welfare including the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005, the Child Well-being & Safety Act 2005 and the recent federal changes to the Family Law Act 1975
- The ability to communicate, negotiate and liaise with a range of professional, statutory and community services.
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and other data base systems.
This position can work from either the Seymour or Wallan office.
· Salary Packaging
O Option of a vehicle as part of salary
· Above award terms and conditions and flexible working hours
· Strong focus on staff skills and career development
Program Leader CAFS
For further information contact Angela Armstrong - Director of Service Development Mob: 0418149811.
Applications must include CV and address the key selection criteria and are welcome until
Monday 30 October 2017. Email applications to: Lynne Harmer – Human Resources Coordinator – email@example.com
FamilyCare is an equal opportunity employer and actively supports building a diverse workforce.