Welcome to FamilyCare...
FamilyCare is a dynamic non-government, not-for-profit organisation who commenced in Shepparton in 1984.
We now offer family services, carer and disability support services to families and young people in Shepparton, Seymour, Cobram, Kinglake, Wallan and surrounding districts.
FamilyCare works in partnership with the community, reflecting best practice by assisting families and individuals to enhance their strengths throughout their lives, through the provision of responsive and proactive services.
Children's Week is 20 - 30 October 2016
Children's Week is an annual event celebrated in Australia held around the fourth Wednesday in October. In 1996 it was decided to adopt a permanent theme: "A Caring World Shares" as a reflection of Children's Week aims while at the same time acknowledging the designated year on national posters and other printed materials.
A diverse range of events and activities are organised at National, State and Local levels. These focus the attention of the wider community on children, their needs and achievements. Children's Week celebrates the right of children to enjoy childhood. It is also a time for children to demonstrate their talents, skills and abilities.
Thousands of children and their families around the country are involved in activities and events during "The Week" through the participation of schools, playgroups, childcare, kindergartens, cultural groups, libraries, departments and community groups. Designated by the nations of the world, Universal Children's Day calls society to a greater response to the plight of many millions of children around the world who are denied the basic necessities of a happy childhood and the education to develop their capacities. It also calls us in Australia to consider those conditions in society which affect the lives and future of our own children.
The mission of the Children's Week Council of Australia is to encourage, support, guide co-ordinate and monitor the widest possible participation of all States and Territories in Children's Week, ensuring that programs and activities are open to all children regardless of race, colour, sex, ability, religion, nationality or social origin.
The objects of the Council are:-
- To focus National and local attention and awareness on Children's Week, with due regard to the rights, needs and accomplishments of children in Australia within the context of the family, the community and the world;
- To encourage all States and Territories to plan and conduct events to celebrate Children's Week;
- To be able to affiliate or associate with any organisations or persons approved by Council, which are concerned with and facilitates children's rights and wellbeing;
- To promote the active involvement of children and consultation with children in planning and implementation of children's services and activities;
- To do such other things as may be appropriate to the attainment of such mission and objects.
The Children's Week national theme for 2016 is ‘Children have the right to Reliable Information from the Media’. FamilyCare will be celebrating Children's week this year with events in Shepparton, Seymour and Wallan.
The Practice Seminar Series Training 2016 - for more information visit news & events
New round of Sporting Chance is OPEN
Monday 12 September 2016 - Friday 14 October 2016
to apply go to news & events